In Microsoft Project (2010/2007), there is an easy way to insert notes with every task.
- In the Gantt Chart view (this is usually the default view when you open Microsoft Project, where you see a table on the left of your screen and a chart on the right), simply double click a task
- This opens the ‘Task Information’ dialog box
- In this dialog box, select the ‘Notes’ tab
- Here, you can enter any information, including embedding images and other files.
But what if you want to include the notes when you print the project plan?
There is a very easy way to do that as well.
In MS Project 2010,
- Select the File Menu > Print. You get the screen below:
- Click on Page Setup > View tab. This is shown in the screenshot below:
- Here you need to select the ‘Print notes’ checkbox (shown highlighted in the above screenshot).
- Click OK
Now, when you click Print button (shown in the first image), your printout will also have the Notes that you entered with the tasks in the Gantt Chart view.
Does anyone know a different/better way of printing the notes?
Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section.